Everyone loves warblers, and we’re excited to announce the Warbler Guide App Version 1.1 designed for both Android & Apple devices, just in time for the coming spring migration!
Scott Whittle and Tom Stephenson revolutionized how birders study, find, hear, and see warblers with their acclaimed book, The Warbler Guide. Now, with higher-resolution, rotatable 3D models that zoom to feather-level detail, refined search criteria, and new help sections, the Warbler Guide App Version 1.1 is better than ever at using audio and visual clues to help you make rapid and confident warbler identifications. Intuitive audio and video filters, a full song library, and useful comparisons make this an exciting, multi-faceted tool for any birder to use. Take a peek.
Unique new app-only features:
- High-resolution, zoomable, and rotatable 3D models of birds in all plumages, to match field experience of a birder
- Intuitive, visual, and interactive finders with filters for possible species based on audio and visual criteria chosen by the user
- Playback of all songs and vocalizations with sonograms makes study of vocalizations easy
- Selectable finder sortings grouped by color, alphabetical order, song type, and taxonomic order
- Interactive song finder using objective vocabulary for fast ID of unknown songs
- Simultaneous visual and song finders makes identifying an unknown warbler even easier
- Half-speed song playback allows for easier study of song structure
- Comparison species with selectable side, 45 degree, and undertail views
- Features 75 3D images
- Covers 48 species and 75 plumages
- Includes 277 vocalizations, 156 songs, 73 contact calls, and 48 flight calls
- Detailed “how to use” tutorial screens