Looking for more opportunities to get a little bird-brained? So are Scott Whittle and Tom Stephenson, authors of The Warbler Guide! As November rapidly approaches, the two are gearing up for their next two appearances.
For their first event, this dynamic duo will be speaking at the NYSOA 66th Annual Meeting and New York Birders Conference, which will take place November 1-3. Hurry though! Online registration ends October 27th. You can register here.
The conference will feature:
- Exciting speakers on birding and bird conservation, including Tom Stephenson and Scott Whittle
- Field trips with top birders to great local destinations
- A banquet dinner featuring a program by James Currie of Birding Adventures TV
- Photography and digiscoping field workshops
- Posters and vendor tables including major optics manufacturers
- Workshops and student papers
- Great shopping nearby and an excursion to Manhattan for non-birding guests
- NYSOA’s Annual Business Meeting and award presentations
- Plenty of time for socializing
The second event, in which Scott Whittle will be flying solo, is the 20th Annual Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival, which will take place from November 6-10. Online registration ends October 25th so to register now, click here. According to their website, Scott Whittle will be there to conduct a ‘warbler workshop’. It is described as such:
“[Scott will] go over their new system of identification that uses the views that you actually get, not the idealized views that happen so infrequently. Learn how just a little more attention to detail, coupled with knowledge of habitat, behavior and special points like color impressions can lead to greatly improved identification ability. Also covered will be their in-depth analysis of warbler vocalizations, an extremely effective tool for truly understanding and remembering birdsong. Join Scott and bring your warbler skills up to the next level!”