Like birds? This week’s book giveaway is The Crossley ID Guide: Eastern Birds by Richard Crossley.
This stunningly illustrated book from acclaimed birder and photographer Richard Crossley revolutionizes field guide design by providing the first real-life approach to identification. Whether you are a beginner, expert, or anywhere in between, The Crossley ID Guide will vastly improve your ability to identify birds.
- Revolutionary. This book changes field guide design to make you a better birder
- A picture says a thousand words. The most comprehensive guide: 640 stunning scenes created from 10,000 of the author’s photographs
- Reality birding. Lifelike in-focus scenes show birds in their habitats, from near and far, and in all plumages and behaviors
- Teaching and reference. The first book to accurately portray all the key identification characteristics: size, shape, behavior, probability, and color
- Practice makes perfect. An interactive learning experience to sharpen and test field identification skills
- Bird like the experts. The first book to simplify birding and help you understand how to bird like the best
“What’s so different about the Crossley ID Guide? Everything. Crossley has designed his guide to reflect the way we see and identify birds. We identify birds by their size, shape, structure, behavior, habitat, and field marks. We [see] birds at close range, at middle and long distances, on the ground, in flight, in trees, and on the water. . . . If you want to be a better birder you will find the new Crossley ID Guide to be [a] major innovation and a valuable tool.”–Wayne Mones, Audubon.org
Like videos? Check out our Crossley Media Room where you will find the Crossley ID Tips featured video, “Don’t be Afraid to Make Mistakes” and also view the other Crossley videos. There are still more to come.
And for an informative and entertaining time, attend one of Richard’s upcoming appearances on his book tour:
The book giveaway takes place this Friday. To participate in our weekly draws, LIKE US on our FB page.
The Crossley ID Guide: Eastern Birds by Richard Crossley.