Our book giveaway of the week is Mammals of North America, Second Edition by Roland W. Kays and Don E. Wilson.
“This is a truly indispensable guide for the experienced mammal watcher as well as a real treat to the novice. . . . With 112 color plates covering 462 species of North American mammals, the guide is up-to-date, accurate, handsome and handy. If you only have one reference to your local furry friends, be sure this one is on your book shelf.”–Cathy Taibbi, Wildlife Conservation Examiner, Examiner.com
* The best-illustrated and easiest-to-use field guide to North American mammals
* Beautiful and accurate color illustrations of all 462 mammals found in the United States and Canada–including 20 species recognized since 2002
* 112 color plates–including 13 new ones
* Key identification information–fully revised–on facing pages
* The most current taxonomy/species list
* Fully revised, easy-to-read range maps
* Illustrations of tracks, scat, and whale and dolphin dive sequences
You will find this cute little groundhog on page 53 along with a description. He’s also known as a Woodchuck and belongs to the Marmot family. Hopefully, Punxsutawney Phil will not see his shadow on Groundhog Day and Spring is just around the corner.
LIKE us on Facebook and you’re automatically entered in our weekly book giveaways. The drawing is this Friday.
Mammals of North America, Second Edition by Roland W. Kays and Don E. Wilson.