Looking for a Stocking Stuffer? Joseph Frank’s New Abridged Volume of DOSTOEVSKY is a Must!

Joseph Frank spent roughly 30 years composing a 5-volume biography of Dostoevsky that has been widely considered a masterpiece, winning critical raves as well as awards. Princeton University Press has just published a newly abridged volume, DOSTOEVSKY: A Writer in his Time that has also been reviewed very positively, and at a mere 959 printed pages, is a the perfect stocking stuffer for the person on your list with an impeccable library!

If you don’t want to take my word for it, please read Michael Dirda‘s riveting review of the book in yesterday’s Wall Street Journal. Our Australian book-lovers are taking note, as well. See Geordie Williamson‘s thoughtful review in The Australian.

Comments

1. Dear Kathryn,

Does this come as an e-book/pdf ?

Thanks in advance,
    Cameron

2. This is a great read. I dont believe it comes as an ebook.. or I have not found one yet..

Good Luck

3. Andrew DeSio says:

Response…

4. Andrew DeSio says:

Hello Cameron and Tom,
    Good to see you dropping by and checking out the blog. I can answer the e-book question for you. It’s currently being produced in an e-book version and should be out shortly. Keep an eye out!

5. I read on another post that some versions of the books are available for the Kindle and a Sony reader.

I believe the same will be for this one.

6. Seems like a nice book! Might be too late for a stocking stuffer right now but nevertheless will buy it as a gift for myself!

7. Andrew DeSio, thank you for your answer! I will be looking forward to see it come out!

8. John Douglas says:

Hi,generally I just only visit blogs and retrieve my required information but this time the useful information that you posted in this post compelled me to reply here and appreciate your good work on this book about Dostoevsky, Thanks for the information: KG

9. Kathryn Rosko says:

Thanks so much for your comment. This book is something special, and I’m glad you appreciate the information! I hope you enjoy it…
    Kathryn

10. Now that I’ve just finished reading Crime and Punishment I definitely want to know more about this amazing man.

11. Kathryn Rosko says:

Thanks for your post Elbert. Joseph Frank’s books will let you know all about the amazing man! This particular volume is good because it abridges the 5-volume biography. Happy reading!

12. That is one big story about one of the classic authors. Must get it sometime…

13. I love the Russian classics, I will have to check that out.

14. There’s a Kindle edition at Amazon.com. :-D

15. Birkisel Saglik says:

16. Clayton Beljan says:

Hello! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

17. Refurbished iPad says:

Alright — I know this is spam, but it is quality, funny spam, so I am approving :)

Hi Kathryn,

Dostoevsky as a stocking stuff? I gave that last year…
    Don’t want my kids complaining…”Dad!!! Dostoevsky AGAIN!!?!” Just kidding, regardless, I do like Dostoevsky and I will check out this edition by the Princeton University Press.

18. Produits cosmetiques bio says:

Fyodor Dostoevsky said:

“There are moments, you reach moments, when all of a sudden time stops and becomes eternal.”